In Season & Fresh from the Garden, the Fields, the Orchards & the Woods
Laughing Duck Gardens & Cookery
2011 Workshop Schedule
Please be sure to read The Terms & Conditions.
For details and pricing for the workshops, please click on each class name. Even if have taken a cookery class in the past, you may be interested in this year’s offering: while the class may bears the sane name, the content is different.
Any of the classes - as well as custom designed classes - are available for private lesson (one-on-one or group)
The "Un Dimanche A La Campagne" (Sunday in the Country) cookery workshops are a lot of fun. Once a month, on Sunday afternoon (generally the first Sunday of the month), a small group of students gather to learn how to cook a flavorful menu based on seasonal local ingredients and other ingredients widely available in the mid-Atlantic area. We discuss how to select ingredients, how to substitute and variations on the dish; we thoroughly go over timing reviewing what can be prepped ahead of time; weather allowing, we may stroll through the garden to pick up some of our ingredients. Best of all, we then sit down to enjoy the dishes we’ve cooked! The class lasts about 4 hours. Recipes provided.
· Un Dimanche A La Campagne Cooking Class:
· February: Sunday February 6, 2:30-6:30 PM
· March: Sunday March 6, 3-7 PM
· April: Sunday April 3, 3:30-7:30 PM
· May: Sunday May 1, 3-7 PM
· June: Sunday June 5, 3:30-7:30 PM
· July: Sunday July 17, 3:30-7:30 PM
· August: Sunday August 7, 3:30-7:30 PM
· September. Sunday September 4, 3-7 PM
· October. Sunday October 4, 3-7 PM
· November Sunday November 13, 2:30-6:30 PM
· December. Sunday December 4, 2:30-6:30 PM
Menus will be posted at a later time for those classes without a hyperlink.
· Canning ; a dozen different sessions, first session is July 6, last session is Oct 12, 2011
Start time varies, classes approx 2.5 hour long and cover water-bath canning and the following specific produce:
Apples, Pears & Quince
Making Jams, Jelly & preserve
Discount available when registering at once for multiple classes.
Canning classes also available by appointment (4 students)
· Other cooking classes:
· Women’s Wellness Retreat at Belle Meade: a week-end to rest, relax ,restore and renew organized by Cheryl Mirabella of Living Whole Health and with Herbalist Teresa Boardwine of Green Comfort Herbs School. For details and for registration, please go to Living Whole Health Web site.
TBD—please contact me if you are interested. In the last few years, workshops have included kitchen garden primer, planning the vegetable garden, seed starting & cold frames. For one-on-one instruction, I do offer garden coaching services.